Sunday, September 4, 2011

I am so bad at keeping up with posts!!! Life has been really busy at the Children's home. We are short all of our missionaries ha ha.  It has been so wonderful though.  I feel as though I am really finding my spot here, and getting to know all of the kids well.  Every day I am so excited to see them, and I am truly thankful for that.

An update on our two little boys who's Uncle fought for in court. THEY ARE DOING GREAT!! Turns out the uncle built a house and bought land all in their name, and is sending the oldest to school and they are in a good family enviroment.  We even got to see them at church.  This is such a praise and blessing.  Especially after this weekend.

We have had a couple of emotionally draining weekends.  For the protection of our kids and ourselves I am unable to write about them.  Some of you may know and if you don't feel free to e-mail me for a prayer list! Just know a lot of our kids have a lot of emotional turmoil going on right now and desperately need prayers, for healing, and hope that with God they have a future. 

This past weekend we had a speaker named Rob Mitchell come speak to our home.  He is an author of a book about his life in an orphanage in the United States.  He wrote about how it was a good home to live in, but that no matter how poor he would of been he always wanted to go home.  Yesterday he asked our kids how many just want to go home despite their circumstances, majority raised their hands.  It was so tough to know that as happy and safe and provided for as our kids are, they still long for that mom&dad family.  I think it sparked a lot inside of them. I am so greatful that he was able to come, he was so encouraging to us as staff as well.  GO READ HIS BOOK!!! Cast Away Kid.

Here are some pictures of the past month!!!


 Alejandro playing outside =) He is so fun!
 Look at my fabulous view from my apartment ;)
 Anna was an intern last year, she came for a visit and we rode ina took took (motorcycle with a carraige) talk about scary...
 Here is recent photo of Marvin!!! He is growing FAST!!!
 We have had 2 birthdays this week above is Jenifer (19) and below Chiky (18)
 Taking advantage of the rain free days we have been having :) woo hoo!!
 I promised all of the kids "vaca negra's" (coke floats) if they finished their Christmas cards in 2 weeks. 35 out of 46 did it!!! Such a fun night!
Sheila and I enjoying the beautiful sun!

Those are a few photos from activities we have been having! I will update more this week (I hope!) Meanwhile if you could pray for safety with the upcoming elections this week, sometimes things get a little crazy.  For continued health and safety at our home with the other missionaries away. And last but not least that the Lord will provide the final $800.00 needed for me to stay.

I love and miss you all!!! E-mail me if you have any prayer requests or just want to talk :)

rcowart4@georgiasouthern.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment