Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Trusting

I could never really explain in words why I chose to be here for 6 months.  Other than I didn't, God did.  Each day it becomes more and more clear as to why He said that.  Many people tried to tell me that 6 months was too long, that I should just do the 3 months my school required and come home.  I believed it myself at times and almost took the shorter route. This has become "home".  Yes I miss familiar sounds, voices, and faces but life here is magical and wonderful.  I am exactly where I need to be.  If I had listened to those voices, I would be on a plane home right now instead of enjoying the sounds of children playing outside as I tell their stories.  I know I don't update much, but its because I "work" about 15 hours a day 6 (lately 7 days) a week.  It's not work, its pouring into the lives of these kids here as they pour back into mind.  I have relationships with these kids that I never thought possible, and I love them even more.  So as hard as it is to think of heading home in 8 weeks, its completely unimaginable to have to go home now.

But I might have to.  I still need $800 to stay.  Some pledges have fallen through because of the economy, and other reasons.  This internship has taught me more than I can put into words, but more importantly it has shown me a glimpse into my future.  I want more than anything to come back here and live.  I want to be a full time missionary, but I'm scared. I'm scared that I haven't even been able to raise the final $800 of the original $4,400, so how am I going to raise $20,000?  I know our God is big and he provides, but so many people say that and don't believe it themselves.  I believe it.  Jesus tells us directly in Mark 16:15 He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. So many read that and think yes thats true, for some but not for me. No its true for us all, and though some "can't" go, they can send.  I am so thankful for those of you who have supported me through prayer and finances.  I am here to ask you if their is something you can give up, so that I can stay and continue ministry here.  Not only now but quite possibly in the future.  I have no idea how that looks yet, but I know that my heart strings are being pulled in a way I have never experienced. 



If you can financially support me to stay, please send an e-mail to me at  rcowart4@georgiasouthern.edu


In other news, this past monday we had a total of 8 earthquakes in 13 hours. We were in McDonalds for the largest one (5.9), what an adventure that was! My nutrition teacher always said McDonalds could kill you. :)

Last week we had a small group here and they helped me with activities such as cookouts for the older boys, movie night for the older girls, and a movie/game day with the younger boys and girls.  Here are some photo's from our great times!!!



This is Josue, I tutor him in the afternoons. I have some great stories with that one :)

My two roomates (L) Dalila (R) Gladys.  We had a chicken night!

Sammy learning to make hamburgers at our cookout!

Just a typical Sunday bus ride to church. Always an adventure!

Some of our little ones having a movie and snack day!


This week the Wheelers (they are the directors of the home) came back!!! So glad, they have a awesome but tiring job!


I love and miss you all so much! Thanks for reading =)

No comments:

Post a Comment