Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Decisions

I am having a wonderful time in Guatemala.  I am enjoying every minute of getting to know my family here, the culture, language, and time with new friends.  It is so refreshing to know that I am exactly where I need to be.  I feel like my whole life I have thought well as soon as I get to this point I will be happy, like in middle school,  I knew high school would be the best, and then College, and then my time here in Guatemala.  They have all been wonderful experiences, but looking back I feel as though I spent more time preparing and getting excited about what’s to come instead of enjoying what’s there.
So for now, I am completely enjoying what’s right here for me now.  BUT, (there’s always a but!) in order to fulfill my 6 months in Guatemala, I still need about $1,900.00 more in order to stay.  I need this money in or pledged by THIS THURSDAY.  Otherwise this will be my last week of language school and I will come back to the states in September instead of November.
If 5 people pledge $76.00 a month for 5 months that is the amount I need!!!   I have come to terms with the possibility that I may be coming back in September if the funds do not come in, but I want it to be completely God’s decision, and at the end of the day I want to be able to know that I did what he asked of me to do and that what happens is all him and none of me.  So I am asking you to please think about being one of those 5, or giving what you can. 
I have become overwhelmed here by the love and offerings that people have poured out who have absolutely nothing, I really mean nothing.  This weekend I went to Lake Panajachel and during that time I saw a Maya ceremony.  People were offering everything to these gods that they were praying to.  Candles, flowers, anything that they could find they would offer. I thought to myself that as much as I am here to “help” there is so much I have to learn about giving freely and not being so bounded by stuff.   I wanted to go practice my Spanish with the partakers in the ceremony and tell them that there is this one God who loves you so much that he doesn’t require a sacrifice of you in order for him to hear your prayer.  I just prayed that He would show me what  to do with every second of my life while I am here (and always), I’m not just here to work at a children’s home or learn Spanish, everyday He has a mission for me.  I learned a lot from the Maya culture that day that I can take back to my own, but I have so much I want to share with them as well.  Praying on how to do that as well.
For now, will you pray along with me and about supporting me so I can stay or that God will clearly show me what his plan is.  If you can give please shoot me an email at rcowart4@georgiasouthern.edu  =)
Cool thing, this is the scripture that Natalie had written in my letter for today:
"Lord, according to Your word, if I whole heartedly commit whatever I do to You, my plans will succeed.  Lord, I acknowledge that the heart of committing any plan to You is seeking Your plan.  Show me the right path, Father."
LOVE AND MISS YOU ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment