Thursday, June 30, 2011

Update =)

I hate that it has been so long since my last update! I lost my computer cord and just got a new one. My first transaction in spanish by myself. It's the right one and works so I guess I did a good job! =)
Life has been really good! Last weekend I climbed a volcano called Pacaya and it was absolutely gorgeous!!! Pictures do not do it justice. Never in my life would I have thought I would enjoy getting up at 5am to go on a 4 hour hike. BUT I LOVED IT
On to more important things. Last wednesday I got to spend time with Miguel and Oscar. I met Miguel's sister Ladi. They are so sweet.  It turns out that they do have a mom, she just can't afford to look after them so they sleep at the home at night and go to school during the day and find jobs to do during the afternoon.  They are so sweet, please keep them in your prayers and that doors would open for the mom to find a job and be able to take care of her children. Miguel has 3 other siblings besides Ladi.
This is a picture of Miguel and the origami swan he made me at school! I looooove it.

 This is a photo with Oscar far left, Miguel, and then Ladi is on my right. Do they not have the sweetest smiles! One of the most fun nights I have had so far.
So next week is my last week at language school, and then I head back to the childrens home! I am really excited to get back and start to get to know everyone and build relationships with everyone.  There is a brand new 7 week baby that just moved to the home, and cannot wait to watch him! Please pray for the transition to the home and the start of building relathionships and getting into the swing of life there. And that my spanish will hold up with them and improve. Yikes!


Thank you for all of your continued prayers =) Love and miss each of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment