Sunday, June 19, 2011

Matthew 11

I am so thankful for all of the responses that I received from my  last post. Because of you, I have been able to clearly see what God has for me and this time here in Guatemala.  I AM STAYING!!! I made the decision Thursday after receiving e-mails pledging about $900.00 in a 24 hour period. If thats not God screaming STAY PUT, then I don't know what is.  I still need about $600 more, but I know it will come and that God has me here so I don't need to worry about it. THANK YOU. Thank you for giving, for praying, encouraging, and helping me see God.  I have never experienced a journey like this, and to think its only the start of week 4 of this 6 month journey.

This past week on wednesday I got to take part in a program feeding a lot of the homeless in the area.  I made friends with these two boys Miguel and Oscar. They are both 14. They live in an Albergue, which I later found out has a different meaning than the ones in Mexico that I have been to. Here they only go there to sleep at night, no food, no support, no love. I found out the hardway. Me and my limited Spanish asked Miguel why he was at the gathering instead of at home at the Albergue, he told in these exact translated words "Because I don't have a family".  I assumed the Albergue was like in Mexico and provided a family and everything. He then told me how different it was here.  I thankfully held in the tears and heartbreak to finish our conversation. I want to adopt him as my little brother, he was so king and grateful. I cannot wait to see him next week, please pray that God will show me what to say to him and what to do FOR him.  He says he goes to school, but Im not sure how because that costs money.  I have found that a lot of kids here tell you they go to school and that they have an exam tomorrow when you ask.  Please pray specifically for Miguel and Oscar, they are really heavy on my heart.  All of the kids are but they are but these two I know and can maybe somehow help?! Like MOM AND DAD ADOPT THEM. ha ha

Yesterday I was on skype (with me ma actually) and I experienced my first earthquake. No damage, wasn't a big one but definately big enough to be a very unsettling feeling. It's rainy season meaning it literally rains every day, usually just for a bit in the afternoon, but if it starts early it stays into the night. That happened yesterday so my saturday was spent at a coffee shop chatting, experiencing the ground shaking, then a long nap =) Jay my roomate and I came back later and went to a movie and there was HALI!!! My first friend
is back!!! She definately brightened my day =)

I've been trying to skype/call my dad for fathers day and its not really working and has somewhat put me in a bad mood. I JUST WANT TO TALK TO MY MOM AND DAD! But then I remember I not only have parents but the best ones in the world. So I am such a lucky girl, and bad mood GONE! 
HAPPY FATHERS DAY DAD!!! LOVE YOU!

Thats all for now! Im in language school for 3 more weeks so not a lot to update on. Hopefully climbing a volcano named Pacaya this coming weekend! That should make for some good stories

LOVE YALL!

"Well I will walk by faith, even when I cannot see
because this broken road, prepares your will for me"
A picture from our trip to Panajachel. Great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment